Welcome to Quiz 3 of the Series Quizzes – What kind of Lover are you? In Quiz 1 we looked at what your preferences say about you as a lover, while in Quiz 2 we dealt with what you offer with most ease, and what that reveals about you as a lover.
Today I’m going to ask you to answer the following question:
Of the following gifts, which one would you rather receive from your partner on your birthday? (A purely honest answer is vital for a correct assessment)
- A romantic dinner
- Something symbolic, like a talisman
- A sex toy
- Something expensive, like jewels or a car
- Nothing, I just want them there with me
- A romantic dinner – you’re an idealist and a dreamer; to you, love feels like in fairy tales; you want to have a smile on anytime you think of your lover; you’re willing to work on the relationship and maintaining the butterflies or bringing back the “spring feeling;” you can be quite the lover of one’s dreams if you set your mind to it; you’re an optimistic lover that receives love for the positive feelings you wake in your partner.
- Something symbolic, like a talisman – to you, a relationship is not only about the romance, but also about the friendship, the camaraderie; you want a particular kind of depth that may have darker hues in the psychological sense; to you, “special” means deep and reliable; you value the heart more than anything, and you’re willing to go through hardship with the one you love; you’re a reliable, serious lover, probably “marriage material” to experts; you inspire not only love, but also respect.
- A sex toy – with you it can go in two very different directions – you either connect to the deepest level through sex, since it’s the most intimate thing in the world, and you want to know your lover at the most basic levels, being passionate and intense; AND: you avoid true intimacy and keep it to a level you feel ready to manage for now. You’re just as capable of both, depending on the time you’re at in your life.
- Something useful, like clothes or a car – to you, security is of utmost importance; you feel you understand what most people don’t – in your view, the world hasn’t changed that much since ancient times; life still is a struggle to have your needs met; the person who makes you feel secure also makes you fall in love; you appreciate kindness and care to the core of your being, but you’ll sacrifice them to a stricter lover if they make a better provider or satisfy your need for affirmation in society; in return, you can be a docile and very considerate lover that many would die for.
- Nothing, I just want them there with me – to you, symbiosis is a strong concept; you desire to love and be loved so much that you become one with your lover; connection on the deepest and at the same time highest level needs either time or truly something divine, like being soul-mates, and you know it; you want to lose yourself in your lover and you make a kind, sweet, soft, accommodating haven yourself that – especially later in life as you become wiser – makes you addictive to your lover; you may be like a drug to them and the other way around, even though in your youth you may have been or come across as clingy.
Each one of these Types of Lovers comes with negative sides. If you’d like to explore them as well as the positive, discovering yourself in depth, feel free to suggest a post in a comment or write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a personal profile and get 10 EUR off! You can ask for a sample personal profile so you know to expect, or you can wait until Saturday, when I’ll post a sample personal profile that I took particular pleasure in drawing up, because it belongs to someone special to me.