There are special advantages to writing forbidden love romance – you learn secrets about the psychology of love. Here are a few gems I really wanted to share with you. And hey – plenty more where these came from.
- It takes less than 4 minutes to decide whether you’re into someone or not. In these 4 minutes your subconscious mind makes the decision based on the person’s physical appearance and non-verbal language.
- The effect that love has on the brain is similar to the effect of cocaine. Love causes the same kind of thrill, and the same kind of euphoria.
- When two lovers look into each other’s eyes, their hearts start beating in the same rhythm.
- Only looking at the picture of a loved one relieves pain – the lover’s face may act like a painkiller.
- Equally attractive people have higher chances at a balanced relationship. The same goes for equality on all levels. The more levels you and your partner are equal on, the more likely it is for your relationship to be successful.
- Apparently the brain isn’t wired to feel attracted to body shapes. It’s always the face that pushes the button. This basically means that an attractive body isn’t as important in attracting a partner as society lets us feel.
- The butterflies in your stomach are caused by adrenaline. When you feel the butterflies of infatuation, you’re in the fight or flight mode typical for dangerous situations.
- When you feel attracted to someone, your pupils dilate.
- Psychologists and researchers have discovered that people’s lives, goals and very existence revolve only around love.
Enjoyed this? Stay tuned for more soon, and feel free to roam the site for a whole lot of goodies from personality tests to hot psychology facts and suspenseful forbidden love stories. I’d love to hear from you, so feel free to leave me your ideas and opinions in a comment. I’m all about the discussion at the end of the game : )