If even the smallest thing can say a ton about our personalities, then imagine what something as big as Love can reveal. This is the first of many posts that will focus on what our Love says about us. As always, I’m going to ask you to take a look at the quotes below, and choose the one that rings closest to your heart. It’s going to reveal something about the way you love, and even about how you’re loved in return.
- “Love is never lost, even if it’s unrequited. It returns to you and tames and cleanses your heart.” Washington Irving
- “I prefer a lost love to a love I never had.” Mircea Eliade
- “No man who loves should be called unhappy. Even unrequited love has its own rainbow.” James Matthew Barrie
- “Friendship is definitely the best cure against the disappointments of love.” Jane Austen
- “The fact that you love someone doesn’t mean they have to be yours. Love isn’t a bandage to cover your wounds.” Hugh Elliot
- You have a gift to see the best in almost any situation. Your love is dedicated and often selfless, but also quiet. Beware of that. Some people fail to recognize worth unless you scream it.
- Your love is bold, daring, it uncovers its chest and invites the dagger. Passionate and profound, your wounds probably won’t stop you making the same mistake again and again. Your love is intense and addictive.
- You’re much calmer in retrospect than you are in the moment of heartbreak. You are a person who focuses on learning, growth and healing. In old age you’ll probably boast a lot of wisdom.
- You have a strong sense of self-preservation. Discerning and grounded, your love can be powerful, but almost always less important than reason. In your youth you maybe be/have been easier to intimidate or fool, but this is not the case in older years.
- Your love is heavy, serious and committed. But your sharp wit is the hell of a bouncer, so it’s very hard for someone to get in. You’re a fine judge of feelings (and maybe also character). You spot “faulted” loves from afar – co-dependency, Oedipus complex gone wrong, there’s no fooling you. You may be an intimidating lover.
Enjoyed this? Plenty more where it came from, so stay tuned. Until then, search the site for a whole lot of goodies from personality tests to hot love psychology and suspenseful forbidden love stories. For more, follow me on Twitter and Facebook, where I share loads of cool stuff. Of course, last but not least, feel free to tell me your opinion in a comment – I’m all about the discussion at the end of the game : )