Last time we looked at what our Love Quotes say about our personality, and I promised that today a personality test on Death Quotes would follow, since Eros (Love) and Thanatos (Death) are so closely related to each other. This is the first of a series of two personality tests based on your Death Quotes, so this is only layer 1. Scratching the surface. What you have to do is read the following quotes and let yourself feel which one resonates best with who you are:
- “A man who lives fully is prepared to die anytime.” Mark Twain
- “It’s not death a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” Marcus Aurelius
- “All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.” Maurice Maeterlinck
- “Death is a delightful hiding place for weary men.” Herodotus
- “I’m not afraid of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” Woody Allen
- You love and enjoy your life or, if you don’t, you’re totally capable of doing so if only you could delegate some of your responsibilities; you believe there is so much to enjoy and appreciate, and you may have little patience for whiny brats; people may love to be around you for your positive nature; you rarely complain.
- You appreciate the light in life; you may have had to put up with too much hardship; you may be the type of person who’s very responsible, the kind of person people come to when they need a solution, counsel or money; you’re the strong and reliable one, with a positive approach to life.
- You’re deep and maybe a bit dark; you’re as strong and reliable as #4, but you’re grimmer, and you have an appreciation of the heavy; you may feel that overly positive people are either phony or stupid, and you don’t have much tolerance for triumphant speeches, candy or pink ribbons.
- You’re an experienced, wise person who listens more than they talk, and who’s learned to master both their drives and emotions; you may have turned into an intellectual, and you appreciate like-minded people; you’re a person of reason, and you love civilization, good old wine/scotch and harmony.
- You’re well grounded in reality, you have a refreshing spirit, you’re witty and often funny; people love to be around you because they get such a good vibe from you; you’re the kind of person people resonate with, and you may be generally well-liked, especially when acting like yourself.
Enjoyed this? Plenty more personality tests for you here! I’d love to hear from you in a comment and, to prove my love and appreciation, I’ll keep the personality tests coming. Until then, take advantage of all the goodies on this site and stay tuned for a new episode of the free online novel The Marquis on Friday! : )
17 thoughts on “Personality Test – What do your Death quotes say about you?”
I liked #1 and #2 a lot, but #4 are the words I lived most days in my life. Not many people truly understand what it means when I say you can’t truly live until you no longer fear death. There is nothing more liberating than that.
Oh, dear cuzz, and I would say the interpretation fits you truly perfectly! You are indeed both wise and profound, and knowing some of your story I dare say that experience turned you into both a doer and a thinker on the most authentic levels.
Doing and Thinking were definitely something I did a whole lot of. One thought that seemed to recur often was, “Uh-Oh! What have I gotten myself into now?”
Both numbers 2 and 5 resonated with me but probably more so number 2.
Dear Miriam, to be perfectly honest I truly thought the interpretation to 2 goes very well with your previous choices, You do come across as an inherently positive person, while being hard and responsible at the same time. Things do get you down occasionally, but you find the positive vibe to get back up by yourself most of the time.
Thanks Ana, I appreciate that. Your quizzes are always so enlightening. Have a wonderful weekend. ♥
Miriam…Steve picked 2 and I picked 5! LOL
Haha We’re just so alike 🙂
I Like #1 but I do sadly dip into moaning at times, which I know I need to work on.
You are truly courageous, dear Rosie! That’s one of the main traits I observed through your quiz choices in time, and this one crowns them all, especially based on the mention that you do dip into moaning sometimes. We are all only human, but we can surely attain perfection in our goals, of that I’m convinced.
I have to say #2.
#5 spoke to me. 🙂
Oh, this is wonderful! I love it when couples and friends take the tests and share with each other. I love your choice! It’s one of my favorites too 🙂
#3 for me
Your other choices that I looked at today show a to-the-point, cohesive personality and, combined with this one, a personality that goes very deep, to the darkest bottom of matters. If I were to take a guess on your star sign, I’d place my bet on Scorpio, or at least on Mars in Scorpio.
Ana, your interpretations are quite accurate and I’m really impressed. Well, my star sign not Scorpio but you’re closer with your guesses. Thank you for the lovely quizzes. Have a great day!
Thank you so much! I’ll keep trying to guess your star sign based on your choices to the personality tests – maybe after 12 tries I get it right LOL. Now joke aside, Sun sign is not always the most important, one can be a Leo (Sun in Leo) and the rest of their astrology profile might be full of Pisces (Moon, Venus, Mars, etc.) Those are the people about whom most of us say, “For a Leo, she’s pretty tame and modest.” 🙂 Looking forward to further personality exploration with you.