Here is another top 5 Shocking Psychology Facts! And we’ll keep them coming, folks 🙂
- Critique harms more than it helps. Even a perfectionist will be caused to under perform if they’re criticized. There is no such thing as “constructive criticism.” If we are to criticize, we should start with praise, continue with our points of critique, and conclude with further praise.
- The bystander effect. When people are uncertain, they do what they see others doing, thinking that if others do it, it must be the right thing. That’s why people often stand around and watch other people being mugged or beaten – it’s often not fear, but self-doubt, mistrust in the own perception, which causes them to do what they see others do around them.
- People tend to be more honest when they feel someone is watching them, even if it’s only a picture on a wall.
- Depression doesn’t only affect the mind, but also the body. Studies show that “severe” depression causes cells to age, and makes people more susceptible to age-related disease.
- There is little difference between being in love and having obsessive-compulsive disorder. The biochemical reactions are almost identical.