A huge bunch of flowers and thanks to Miss Andi for having nominated me for the Liebster Award. I can only hope that these words manage to convey my genuine gratitude and pleasure to be part of this. Miss Andi and her co-bloggers aren’t music critics, but they have great taste – that’s how they describe their blog and I can endorse the statement, as well as Miss Andi’s talent with words and – hopefully soon – pancakes. I’m coming over for that pancake one of these days, Miss Andi 🙂
The Liebster Award is a new-comer award given by bloggers to other bloggers, it creates a great platform for new blogs to be discovered and build communications. The best thing about this award is that it creates a lot of encouragement and support within our blogging community.
However, the award comes with a price. We have to answer a set of 10 questions formulated by the person who nominated us, providing honest answers and, at our turn, a set of 10 questions of our own. Here are Miss Andi’s questions and my answers:
- How do you eat your pancake?
Fat, fluffy and smeared with chocolate.
- Do you sing when you cook (Do you cook)?
I don’t sing (I have a terrible voice – husband says “swan voice.”) I also happen to have two left hands what cooking is concerned.
- What would you rather live without? Tea or coffee? Why?
Tea. I cannot imagine a life without coffee. I’m a total coffee junkie, I love it so much I take it 20 times a day like some people take the cigarette. It’s almost a fetish, I even pin coffee pictures on Pinterest.
- To turn off the world do you watch a movie or listen to music?
Listen to music, if I have to choose between the two. But I normally turn to books. Coffee and books by the window on a rainy day is my idea of paradise and my kind of unwinding/meditation.
- Do you stream (music or movies) or prefer physical copies?
- When was the last time you went to a record store?
Seemingly an eternity ago. I was ten and I borrowed a DVD with Jet Li from Planet Hollywood (with my mom). Does anybody know if they still exist?
- What band did you last see in a concert?
Last concert was Michael Jackson in 1996 with my mother.
- What’s the best way to procrastinate?
- What’s your happy place?
The sea. Physical or in my mind.
- Are you going to do the A to Z challenge in April?
Not sure yet. I’m considering adjusting the challenge and making a quiz every day starting with the respective letter, but that would mean some changes in the schedule for the online reads, so I’m still thinking about it. What do you guys think, should I do it?
Now, before I share with you my own 10 questions, I’d like to mention that I don’t know if all the bloggers I’ll nominate here are new-comers, but I’ll nominate SOME (ONLY SOME!) of those that I truly believe deserve the award and don’t have over 1000 followers. There are many bloggers I discovered and who deserve a close look, and I’ll link to them in the following Meet and Greets.
Okay, here are my questions, and I hope you’ll take the time to answer one or two of them in a comment, because I’d love to hear from all of you. I’m a people lover and I can’t get enough of you guys.
- What’s your favorite pastime (hobby)?
- If you had to choose between a book, a song and a movie, what would you choose? Why?
- What is your ideal lover like?
- What’s your life dream?
- What’s your ultimate goal with your blog?
- What’s your favorite book or movie? Why?
- What do you daydream about?
- What was your favorite fairytale as a kid?
- What’s your favorite word?
- What’s your favorite place in the world? Tell me a little about your reasons for the choice.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Hyperion Sturm – stories and wisdom
Sara Flower – creative writing
Dracul van Helsing – comedy writing
Gary Lum – special food blog
Miriam – Travel Blog
Eternal Atlantis – about mythology, history and mystery
Rosie Amber – book reviews and book/publishing mentor
Stephanie Hurt – romance novels and writing tips
Niki’s Simple Life – Inspiring, motivating, mindfulness
Mark Fonz – last but definitely not least, cancer survivor blogging to encourage
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank your nominator;
- Share the award on your blog;
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you;
- Ask 10 questions to 10 new nominees (who have less than 300 followers);
- Notify them via social media.
Looking forward to reading from you 🙂